Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Day 23


 

Friday. July 5th. SHOPPING! This was my favorite above all favorite days.  Ashley, Katie, Sara Lyn, Amy and I spent much of the day thrift shopping and boutique browsing. We found some great skirts, dresses and tops. We found a tweed jacket fit for Pee Paw and big fluffy animals I couldn't have brought home. We saw super expensive toys, Vera Bagley bag lines, and met a middle aged southern gentlemen who called us girls and greeted us with a "y'all."  While I am not actually one for shopping, I love these ladies. They are delightful to me, and shopping with them is a pleasure. BUT the best part of the whole day was measure my father-in-law's shoulders for a suit coat size. It was that moment, surrounded by most of this family, I knew this was a comfortable and happy place. There were no walls based on fear or hurt. There was only ease of friendship and family. There was unity and a great lack of awkwardness as we tried to figure out how to size a silly jacket.  That is my favorite moment.   We ended the day with dinner made by Grandma. She took such great care of us.  And then there was the cake from Too Jays. It was just cake, but everyone seemed happy. And we mustn't forget the fireworks.  Sparklers and snaps followed by the big set.












1 comment: