This must be what Hell is like. The waiting, daring to hope, afraid to hope. A call comes. Doctors try wake him with physical therapy. A good day. He pinched his fingers. You feel like rejoicing. A call comes. No progress today, just resting. Resting? Blast that phone. It rings again. Doctors talking about life support. Who wants to make that decision!! Hell. Hopes ready to dash. Tears ready to come. The groceries sit on the counter. Can't do anything but pace. Can't eat. Can't think about anything else. Why won't that phone ring now?
Thought of trying to write words of encouragement, but I don't think they would help. You are having to deal with a horrible situation. It more than stinks. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
ReplyDeleteYikes, Kira. I wish I could do something to help you. I wish I could be there for you. We're praying for you and Mike. Thanks for keeping us posted. (Although I hadn't looked at blogs in a week or two, so I just found out, but I'll be checking better now.)
ReplyDeleteKira - reading your recent posts I am so sorry you are in this situation. When I was younger my best friend's dad (who was more of a father to me than my own) died of ALS disease. I spent 5 years watching him deteriorate until his final moments, which still haunt me to this day. I will never forget the anxiety, the fear and the hopes that engulfed those last days. I know it is rough to have to wait for the outcome but just remember it's not the end, not really. That is the beauty of the Gospel.
ReplyDeletethinking of you.
ReplyDelete