Thursday, January 26, 2012
Updates
For a day and a half, no word came. Well, no encouraging words. In fact, the medical personnel of the family saw the CT scans and reports and looked at him in his bed. She was sure he was dead. But miracle of miracles, something happened yesterday. My mom walked into the ICU yesterday morning and said something like this: I'm going to rough you up today, because if you don't wake up, they are going to send you to a nursing home. At that, his eyebrows went up. By mid-afternoon, he was moving his right side. It hadn't moved since before brain surgery last Thursday. He began opening his eyes. He started nodding in answer to questions. When I saw him, not only did he look more like himself, but when my mom released his hand, he slapped the pillow until she took it again. Then his fingers would wrap around her hand as though to not let go again. That happened more than once. I hope today is as good as yesterday. I hope each day is better and better. Last night, my mom smiled a real smile for the first time in 11 days. I think everyone slept better than anyone had in quite some time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
How can that not leave you with tears?
ReplyDeleteWe will pray for the strength to keep going and that the days ahead will be mostly, if not ALL, good!
Love you Kira!
p.s. I am so sorry that you've even had to go through this much to say nothing of the time still ahead!
So glad he is doing better, here's to another good day!
ReplyDeleteI am always surprised when I hear or read about the experiences that your dad is having...I marvel at the ability we have when it involves LOVE, the Priesthood, prayers, and Heavenly Father. We continue to pray for you, your mom and dad and everyone else. WE love you!!!!
ReplyDeleteI am always in awe when I read or hear about the experience your mom and dad are having. I know that the power of LOVE, the power of the Priesthood, the power of prayer and the power of Heavenly Father have a great influence and effect. Thank you for sharing. We continue to pray for all of you each day. We love you all!!!
ReplyDeleteHurrah!!!!!
ReplyDelete