Sam woke up after 7:30 this morning. He walked to the kitchen and pullout the cereal he wanted. He set the cereal on the counter and moved toward the bowl cupboard which is accessed by a stool. He never made it into the cupboard. By 8 am, he was asleep, on the stool. For twenty minutes he stayed there, all the while I hoped he wouldn't fall off. He didn't.
Sam helped me make bread this afternoon. The conversation was pretty one sided. Here is what he said, "It's doowing someping sierweeus (serious). It's mixing. Mixing is sierweeus... Make sure the cowzones don' burwn." I wish I could record every word he says.
This morning, a friend laughed as she compared my pale white Adam to her brown three year old. Adam was outside from 5-5:30. He went out white and returned red. After sometime inside he has lightened to pink, but still isn't white. Color is a funny thing. No brown for my babies. White or scalded red.
I love all these stories about the kids. They're so beautiful.
ReplyDelete