I watched a movie tonight while I folded the six loads of laundry I've pushed through in the last two days. Mistake. The lesson for tonight is fill the time with silence or something educational and mentally engaging. Do not listen to, read, or watch anything which draws emotions out. Here I am. All alone. Wishing I weren't. Next time (tomorrow night) I am all alone late at night, I will read something to challenge my brain and say my prayers to thank Heaven that he will eventually come home instead of feeling the emptiness of not having him at my beck and call. Let this be a lesson to us then: A weepy woman does not an interesting person make, but a literate one might.
I am not talking about reading Jane Austen or any other book about romance or relationships. That only makes a girl mopey. Tonight, my girls and I talked about the movie "Ella Enchanted." The prince liked Ella because she was interesting and could speak about many subjects. She won his heart. No, movies do not tell all truth of life, love, or happiness, but this one example did speak true.
He can come home and I can cry about his time away, but that will not increase love, only guilt. So hopefully, the man I dream of will not read this, but will be focused and inspired in the work he must do. As for me, I will wait...for him to come home, for the work to end, for a time when we can have him when we want to...when he wants to. As hard as it is for his family that his time is so consumed, I am sure it is infinitely more difficult for him to be bound to that which he does not enjoy, love, or even like sometimes.
Good lesson. Thank you for posting that. I've been thinking about similar things lately, but I think you really clarified some things for me.
ReplyDelete