I don't know why I procrastinate so much, but today was a doozie. Adam's diaper didn't get change until the girls were at school. It leaked. I tried to lay him down for a morning nap, but waited too long. He woke up and cried when I laid him down after he had fallen asleep in my arms. I didn't change his diaper right after his nap, and it leaked again. I did play hide and seek with John and Sam most of the day. I didn't make the bread for lunches tomorrow, so I am making now, at 9 o'clock at night. I didn't start dinner early enough, so we were a bit late for the Native American presentation at the local art museum. I didn't start the dishwasher before we left though or move the laundry, so all of that is going right now too. If I had done laundry during the day while counting during hide and seek, it would be done already. When Rebekah asked to listen to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir while she fell asleep, I decided I could not procrastinate filling that request. I tried to teach Sam some diction today since he only uses vowel sounds. I wish I could understand him better. He did great with the "f" alone, but couldn't melt it into a word. He enjoyed it though. I could tell by the grin on his face. Adam must not be feeling well. He is a "fuss-a-muss" whenever I set him down. I didn't procrastinate reading a book today. Maybe that was the problem. I should never read a book during the day. It takes too much time. Illustrated children's lit is best. Short, interesting, diverse, silly, rarely a waste of time. Maybe I'll stick with that.
When I listen to this, I can barely contain the sound swelling within me, begging to break forth in song.
I want to know what book led to so much procrastination. And it sounds like you didn't procrastinate lots of things. Focus on the positive. :) I procrastinated work today to look at houses... Sigh. And write a blog post. :)
ReplyDelete