I hope somebody has a good goal for this year. I'm feeling mopey about it already. Rebekah told me what my goal would be, and a good part of me fell. Sam is going to try potty-training again. This is his year, I'm sure. John will take off the training wheels. Adam will learn to crawl (under-achiever, maybe. No one said he couldn't walk too). Seth, well you'll have to ask him. Rebekah wants to play the flute well. She started yesterday. Lily wants to master loom knitting.
There is so much I could attempt to achieve and fail at. Things like a clean house, read a fabulous book (that's not a goal, that is living--like breathing), lose weight, a fantastic and amazing and productive garden...lots of things to focus on. But most of it depends on my kids and other circumstances. As far as what I control, I think I can only have one reasonable goal: Survive. and try to be happy about it.
Kira, you are so wise.
ReplyDeleteI got the link to your blog off Haley's and have been admiring you from afar ever since. I only wish I had gotten to know you better when you were living in Ca. Bless you for being exactly who you are!
oops, my above comment says I'm Katherine. But I'm actually Katherine's sister, Jennifer Barker.
ReplyDeleteJennifer, where are you?
ReplyDeleteHi Kira,
ReplyDeleteWe just moved to Pleasanton, Ca a couple months ago. We now have three little ones. Wish I could blog about them but I've barely caught my breath since Claire. I'd love to reconnect. My e-mail is jw.barker@hotmail.com .