Thursday, March 5, 2009

Oh dear.

Monday morning dawned early this week.  Well, not really dawned. More like shrieked!  John had his first nightmare.  He came to me saying "Bugs in mine woom!  On mine waws.  Bugs come out of mine waws."  Together we looked for the bugs and were relieved to find them gone.  As I reprepped him for bed, I approached the dresser and he said pointing, "Be kerfoe.  Don't go dere." Ahh. This must be where they came from.  The outlet or behind the dresser?  Yikes. I'd scream too!

It was traumatic enough to talk about all day. Lily and John cleaned all the bad dreams out of all the bedrooms.  He doesn't understand that it was not real. The awful feeling of such dreams stay with me and I KNOW they are not real. What it must be like for him.  

One day, last week, I told John if he obeyed his mommy he could have a treat, but if not...  Well, he didn't obey his mommy, so I reminded him that there was a consequence.  Later he heard us planning ice cream cones with some visitors.  Lily reminded him that he didn't get one.  That was the hardest news of a two year old's life.   He sobbed and cried "I obey my mommy.  I obey my mommy!!"  Actually, he didn't. But since then, anytime he does something I ask him to, he tells me "I obey my mommy." 

5 comments:

  1. Poor John! Sometimes I wonder if Chance has had a nightmare when he randomly yells out in the middle of the night. But he's never coherent enough to say what's really wrong.

    Anyway, I enjoyed seeing pics of your house. I can totally relate to that great feeling of more space and a back yard! I am sure the kids are loving it, and I hope Seth is enjoying his job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh sad! I hope he doesn't have anymore nightmares! I hate when that happened to Savannah

    Sometimes, I swear Joseph and John were best friends in heaven. Joseph does the same thing, especially when sweets are involved.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh, poor little guy! Sounds horrible! Really, Really awful! I hope his and Lily's cleaning job does the trick! Ian still has nightmares and they're no fun at all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so sad! I hope he has happy dreams tonight. And then not getting ice cream because he didn't obey. It doesn't sound like a fun mommy day. I hope it's gotten better this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are the best Mommy!! Sweet dreams and happy minding for all of us.

    ReplyDelete