Thursday, November 20, 2008

That Boy

Before this last year, I hadn't felt anxious for a child to go to bed, except for their own good. Tonight I am grateful for bedtime. John was very busy today. I learned not to give him anything in stores or he will open it. A month and a bit ago, he opened the spray cleaner and was spraying away before I realized it. He is quite fond of scissors too. He cuts everything, books, paper, yarn. At least not hair, but today he decided to add carpet to that list. AHHH! WE RENT! He poored himself a bowl of cereal, oops, I mean A BOX. He fell outside and smashed his forehead, then stepped on Sam who was in the stroller.(don't ask) He dumped out 2 cups of milk, then asked "Mommy pease more miwk." He is a fabulous dancer. Today we watched part of Hello Dolly. John was tapping, jumping and dancing away with the songs. He watches and then mimics what he sees. He's pretty good at it. In Singing in the Rain, Donald O'Connor sings/pantomimes/dances "Make 'em Laugh" John copied nearly every move. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FW02c5UNGl0

I cut his hair tonight. If it's bad I take full blame. Just before we started, I was in the living room and I hear a shlooshing sound from the bathroom, followed by small splashes. I ran down the hall to see John plunging the toilet and a waterfall spilling on the floor. He exerted great effort to stop the flow, but to no avail. After I fixed the toilet, cleaned him and me and the floor and the toilet, I tried to cut his hair. He was on perma-wiggle. I didn't get through a single snip without jolting movement from him. He giggles and hunches his shoulders when I buzz. He is very resourceful and can be helpful too. The energizer bunny is nothing compared to John. I need a wheel for him, then he could generate the electricity we use (that's possible you know). How green would that be.

3 comments:

  1. OHHH my! I am excited to see you in a few days. With love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And here is sweet little John, sitting on my couch with eager anticipation, watching WALL-E. But, I believe every word of it. Can I just say it? Please? Okay, I gonna say it, I'm glad it's you and not me! You're much more equipped to deal with that sort of thing than I am!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! He really keeps you on your toes! But he's so smart and adorable. I wish I could see him soon. We really miss you.

    ReplyDelete