Monday, October 20, 2008

All in a day's work.

I didn't create anything today that you will see tomorrow. I cleaned and prepped food, but that is undone as fast as finished. I washed laundry, but had another FULL load before the dryer stopped. There is nothing to show for my day: no money, no cleanliness(even though the bathroom and kitchen floors were mopped twice), no work of art, no literary piece, nothing. What do I do? Well. I fill other people's lives with joy. Is there anything else I should be doing?

Though I make no money, I am not a drain on the economy, society, or culture. I am a producer of honest, pleasant citizens. I prepare, train, educate, and encourage several upcoming members of our nation in productive ways of living and contributing to our world. I am not bound by a time card or paycheck. My productivity levels are not measured by income, stacks of paper (unless crayon drawings count), or public opinion. I am free to allow for creativity, self-expression, and a learning curve. The measure of my day is held only by me. Isn't this a wonderful work environment?

1 comment:

  1. Hey Kira!
    Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog, now I know where yours is, yea!
    You have such a great attitude! I love it! Maybe I can adapt some of it, especially with my number four coming up.
    oh, and I cleaned the kitchen last night! I felt pretty good about that. =)

    ReplyDelete