When I was a kid, the chicken pox meant you were sick. It hurt, itched, felt awful... You went to bed until you were better. Those chicken pox days are over, at least for us. John, age 2 years 2 months, has chicken pox. No fever, no sickliness, only a mild rash (less than 50 since it started). He barely itches, and certainly hasn't slowed down. Today, he ripped the carpet of the dollhouse, stripped out the puzzle closet, built a lego WallE, burned his mom...
I imagine this is what it means to be a boy. Seth's comment was "...and you want another boy?" Well, it's a bit late for that. I am due in 2.5 weeks. I imagine that one day John will sleep. I imagine that he will be less destructive and just innovative. I imagine he will be rather successful as he is driven by his own will; it's a strong one. He really is a joy, just a challenge as well. Here is him and the Wall E we built, complete with a house.

Too cute. I'm impressed with the WallE. And not all boys are hard. Think what Mom said about Seth. If he hadn't been so easy (compared to Nathan's VERY hard), she wouldn't have had more children. You would have three less sisters-in-law and three less brothers-in-law. Sad day! :) Good luck.
ReplyDelete