Monday, February 3, 2014
I was wrong. I once thought good writing changes who you are, broadens your mind, perspective or scope. Today, I must amend. Good writing changes you or breaks your heart open as it illustrates your own pains, sorrows, frustrations, worries, and heartbreaks. There are at least two kinds of "heart wrenches". One: what should never happen to anyone. Read Sold by Patricia McCormick . Two: what leaves you sobbing as you try to deal with your own pain and fears. I cannot recommend a book for this, for it is different for each reader. I find myself in more than tears, but nearing sobbing, today. Somethings strike too close to home and when it is difficult to draw up a real remedy, I am left feeling exposed and vulnerable, yet unable to communicate. The real challenge must be aligning the two definitions, so I won't be left in pieces.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment