Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Child's eyes

We attended a Memorial Day bash with some of Seth's extended family.  It's always a bit funny to figure out how everyone is related. Seth's mother is on the older end of her family, as is Seth; and I think her father is too.  Well, as it is, Dana's cousins are Seth's age and their children are our children's age.  As I played in the clubhouse with a few of my children yesterday, one of the cousin's children (making him Seth's first cousin once removed or my first cousin once removed through marriage) who is five years old asked, "Are you a mom?" I relied in the affirmative.  He looked me over thoroughly and then declared, ''You are small to be a mom."   Okay.  I appreciate his honesty. And laughed to myself.

1 comment:

  1. Ha! That's so sweet :). Hope you all had a good time~

    ReplyDelete