Wednesday, October 10, 2012

I do more than cry


My boy had a birthday.  Months before, he accompanied me to a quilt shop where we saw a Lorax Quilt.  He requested one, and I was able to oblige.  After figuring and piecing, I learned some new skills in free motion and I like it.
 Of course, all blankets must have fuzzy backs. According to my now 4 year old, it is the only option.


Then there was my angry quilt. It all started two years ago with the apricot fabrics. Then in anger, I purchased the brown. It was supposed to be a color scheme to calm, but brought nothing except frustration for so long.  It sat for many moons as a pieced top, which has now been pushed to the back.

  When I saw this striped fabric I knew it was perfect for my angry quilt, but alas, I thought I was ordering yards when it was actually half yards. So I had to piece the back which has now officially become the top.


 But I love the free motion I did on it. The flowers are perfect in all their imperfections.


 It is no longer the angry quilt. It is my quilt. The only one I've ever made and kept. I wrap it around me and feel a little calmer, a little happier, a little more comforted.

It was a good summer for quilts and free motion and finishing something which will not be undone.


2 comments:

  1. The Lorax one turned out so well! And you know how I feel about your previously "angry" quilt. :) Gorgeous!! I'm glad it brings peace now. And the free-motion flowers are so cute - you got some good pictures of them here. You are SO talented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your quilts are beautiful! congratulations :)

    ReplyDelete