Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Good Hands

Menu:
Scrambled Eggs a la Rebekah
Pancakes
Homemade Maple Syrup
Cool Whip
Bottled Peaches
Milk

Comfort Foods are au courant chez moi.  My cousin died today after her third bout of leukemia. What a marvel she was. How many times can you beat leukemia? At least twice.  Heather was born with Down Syndrome. Not only was she sweet beyond all because of that, but she loved everyone I ever saw her interact with.  So today, when word came that she wouldn't last the hour, through all the tears, I imagined what it would be like for her to past on. A few years ago, my Grandpa died. He was that grandpa who you know loved you more than anyone else. That one who radiated love as much as the sun does heat.  I believe we have a spirit which transcends the mortal  body.  Well, I imagine, that if spirits can hug and hold, that it was my, our grandpa who met her and took her in his arms and welcomed her into Heaven. He would smile. He would put his arm around her and squeeze. She probably looked at him with her shining eyes and smiled her heart-melting smile. And then he would ask "How are you, Heather?" as if he had never left. What a wonderful way to enter Heaven, a good, truly good man welcoming a sweet girl.  There is much sorrow still, but it's good to know, she is in good hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment