I just want to remember how the children and I were gathered in the boys room, scriptures spread across the floor, four bellies on the ground, two sitters, and Adam's feet. His feet were not on the ground. He was spread on the floor, kicking his feet in the air as he flipped through the little scripture book in his hands. Oh, and he was reading. If you know what I mean. Chat, chat, turn page, chat chat, turn page, swing feet.
It's the night of the SUPER MOON!! I got Rebekah out of bed. Lily sat up and talked to me, then laid down as if I wasn't there. I couldn't rouse John for all the talking and shoulder shaking I gave him. They all said they wanted to come look at the monster moon through the telescope. Rebekah and I had a fun time. What a vibrant piece of work that gray moon is. I just want to remember.
**Update: Lily woke me at 1:45 am. "Mom. I looked out the window at the moon and it is super bright. When are we getting the telescope out?" I told her we had and she slumped to her bed, where I found her curled up and crying. I pulled out the telescope and aimed it at the super moon gracing the sky. For the next 25 minutes, Lily looked at the detail of the moon while I nearly snoozed on her bed. Every few minutes, I would adjust the telescope as the moon is not very cooperative. I watched her bend over the eye piece until the moon had moved on again. Then I suggested we go to bed. She agreed and climbed in bed. No more tears. Only a happy little girl who hopefully knows what her mother is willing to do for her in the middle of the night.
(PS. The tooth fairy came while she gazed at the moon. Lily was so enthralled she missed her and her sweep of the bed for the hidden tooth which fell out unexpectedly in the middle of our Saturday. Gotta keep a sharp eye out for that fairy.)
That kind of love is AMAZING Kira! WOW!
ReplyDelete