Friday, March 23, 2012

If I don't write it down now, I'll forget. But this is something I really want to remember.

Sweet baby Adam was pushing the vacuum around after dinner. He was so excited and proud of himself. Eventually, the vacuum hit the couch and there it stayed to Adam's dismay. He laid the handle on the floor. The head of the vacuum lifted up. For a bit, he crawled over it, walked around, and grunted about it being stuck. Then he flipped the power switch on the side of the vacuum. It roared to life and Adam did a STEAM ROLL to the right in the same instant. I have never seen anyone react so fast. I unplugged it, sat on the floor, scooped him, and rocked. He cried and cried, even sobbed. I laughed and laughed. He was so afraid. I tried to help myself not laugh. It was a good ten minutes before he loosened his grip on me. By then, I had moved us away from the vacuum to the rocking chair.

Instant steam roll reaction. I hope when I am that scared, I can move like that instead of freezing in terror.

1 comment:

  1. Precious! I love being a source of comfort to my little people.

    ReplyDelete