Monday, January 30, 2012

The brain is a phenomenal organ. I've read a couple of the books I checked out a bit ago. I've learned a lot, but not retained as much as I would like. So much to read. I should probably read the book club book as we are scheduled to meet on Thursday at my house. Well, it won't be the first time I've let other literary interests keep me from someone else's choice. Sadly, it's a book I like and even own that I'm not reading. My emotional mental energy is just invested elsewhere, a hospital some 45 miles away.

In cuteness today, John knelt by his bed to pray before bed and Adam sat himself in John's lap. John, wrapped his arms around Adam, laid his head on his little shoulder, and said his prayer. Then John promptly plopped Adam on the floor and scaled the ladder. So darling. I hope I always remember.

2 comments:

  1. What book was for book club?

    Who couldn't understand why your interests would be elsewhere right now? Sometimes life dictates.

    That is an adorable story about John and Adam. So sweet!

    ReplyDelete