Thursday, December 8, 2011

Duel lessoning

My stress coping skills are highly inadequate. My baby needs surgery and the getting to this point has really extinguished my strength. He has an abdominal hernia and a water pocket somewhere that the doctor thought might have been a tumor. (Bless him. He didn't tell me that until after the ultrasound was conclusive and it was NOT a tumor. But still...don't tell me that!!!) It seems I don't do well being overly scheduled either. Mind you, that means being scheduled to do more than I feel like doing. Anyway...I am not doing well with it.

In other news, my daughters said:

Daughter 1 "I found my pants. I'm glad I don't have to wear yours."
Daughter 2 "I'm glad you don't have to wear my pants. I don't want you to."
Me "My sisters would give the shirts off their back."
Daughter 2 "What does that mean?"
Me "It means she would take her shirt off her own back and give it to me, if I needed it. Oh wait she did."

Flashback: While attending a funeral two years ago, a child bled all over me and my white shirt. After the child was cleaned up, my sister and I went to the bathroom, where she literally gave me one of the shirts off her back (she was wearing layers, so it worked out). I cleaned my white shirt and eventually returned hers. My sisters would and do give me the shirt off their back. I love my sisters.

No comments:

Post a Comment