Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Why?

"Why doesn't she do something with this?" You might say. Well, I will tell you. I am much too busy spending Seth money on Christmas, neglecting my household obligations or just trying to keep up with them, pulling the baby off the table or out of the high chair before he plummets to the floor. I am too preoccupied with that book club book, which I chose, that I haven't read yet, even though we are meeting tomorrow at my house to discuss it. Ooops. It could be because of the stack of SEVEN books sitting on my floor next to my bed, having read on part of each, waiting to be finished. It couldn't be because of the queen size project I set up in a room supposedly dedicate to Seth and his occupation. It's not because I am cooking delicious foods, but it may be because I am putting out fires. I tell ya, how often do you clean under your burners? Well, it's not as often as me and we are still having issues. That all has nothing to do with oven issue either. Flaming candied yams the morning I clean out the oven. Now needs cleaning again. It couldn't be because I raked the leaves out of the backyard again. Nope, they are still there from the final dump of the 30 foot Cottonwood tree. Why haven't I done this? I don't know. But I'm sure there's a good reason.

2 comments:

  1. I don't know why either. It's not like you have anything else to do... :)

    I NEED to post pictures of my Thanksgiving project! You'll be so proud!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The day I washed all the blankets with the sheets is the night they were all soiled by who knows what. And I marvel at the loads of laundry I've finished and yet one STILL creeps up behind my last folded item.
    The trash, the recycling, the dishes that every once in awhile gets backed up by a week. YIKES! The bathroom I haven't cleaned in three weeks. I used to like cleaning the bathroom. What happened? And I've NEVER been ambitious with a project once since we've gotten married. Well, I think I sent out Christmas cards one time. Does that count?
    I'm laughing at myself over here and MARVEL at EVERY woman and man who keeps up with the shuffle.
    You're MARVELOUS Kira!

    ReplyDelete