Wednesday, November 9, 2011

What a day

Little boy sprayed down the bedroom. Not with water either. I should have been more attentive and walked him to the privy.

Other little boy shows first little boy how to dump the water out of the carpet cleaner after I used it to take care of the first issue. Maybe I should have been more attentive.

Bags of cereal dregs covered the table, chairs, and floor this morning when I finally descended. I should have been more attentive.

Baby opens drawers, finds pens, markers, etc. and contributes to Sam's two year old drawings on the wood. I should be more attentive.

Floor is covered with legos and building blocks, a pile of swords and the like. Three innocent bystanders were nearly maimed, mostly just hit on the head (I was one of them). Should I have been more attentive?

I was just wondering.

Anyway. My mood today was defiant and a bit teary, so I did what any girl should do in such cases. I made cheddar cheese pizza and peas, put coloring pages on the table and let my little boy contribute the markers. Then I made a birthday cake for someone who lives out of state, across the country even. I tried not to cry all day, but I think I might just have to. Here is a picture.


3 comments:

  1. I find a good cry really helps get me out of the dumps. Go ahead and cry. It's good for you. :)

    Your pizza looks AMAZING. (I love your pizza.) I hope your cake turned out well! I like the idea of celebrating someone else's birthday even if they're not there. I'm sure it would make them feel loved. :)

    ReplyDelete