My sister watch my children for a little less than an hour today. I left knowing the baby was already tired and should have been in bed. When I returned from my fruitless excursion, that baby laid on the floor in a sprawling face plant. Said sister looked me in the eye and said, "He didn't do that when you were gone. That's the first time." Of course, he only does it for me. He knows I will fix the problem. He got up, waddled a few feet and replanted himself directly in front of me, as if to cry out "I'M TIRED! RESCUE ME!" And rescue I did. Scoop up baby. Usher everyone else out the door. Chat-a-chat with my sister, all the while my children are telling me it's taking too long. (Sometimes, it's hard to be the kid.) Finally home and fed, I tucked the baby in bed, and he slept like...well. Like a baby.
No comments:
Post a Comment