Monday, July 18, 2011

Bowling anyone?

We went bowling tonight. And, for as much as I do not like the game, it was fun. Everyone, except the baby, bowled. Sam was first. After he bowled, he turned and did his hop/skip right to me with his hands tucked almost to his chin, his shoulders hunched, head tucked, and the best, most Sam-like smile. How could I not delight in that? John launched his ball and shot both hands into the air, like he was flying. He stood there, just like that, until the pins were set for his second round. Lily watched the ball with hunched, embarrassed Lily shoulders. Then she would stock back to her chair to watch everyone else. Rebekah tried the most. Several times, she hit nine and "aaaaahhh"-ed as the last pin stood. She helped Sam nearly every turn, guided John and notified us of turns. She also swiped a very tired and unhappy baby when it was my turn. I have never, ever bowled so well in all my life. Four strikes and a spare (note: at least one strike rebounded off the bumpers. Of course we had bumpers. I don't about the others. I never watch, much to Seth's chagrin.) Seth practiced his signature spin. THEN, during his 10th turn, he bowled a spare AND a strike!! Adam was very tired and grumpy. He fell asleep as we finished and cried when we put him in the car and then in bed. He did occasionally clap and watch his daddy. A great activity. We must go again.

Final Scores:
Sam-95
John-56
Lily-59
Rebekah-78
Kira-127
Seth-74

3 comments:

  1. I remember Rebekah got a higher score than me the last time I went bowling with y'all. She must have been all of three years old... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The computer actually gave me zero points at the end (I probably should have had around 50 points, but I guess it didn't like the way I bowled). Then it just hung there at the end of my turn without marking my final score, so I bowled a few more times to get it to respond (that's when I got the strikes and spare, after my turn was officially over), and Kira manually overrided my score generously.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was not for the sake of generosity, but accuracy.

    ReplyDelete