Thursday, June 2, 2011

I paid for the house to get dirty. I paid for a pile of sand to be dumped on the driveway. You know that will end up in the already dirt laden garage. I even thought that pile of sand wasn't enough to fill the framed hole in the ground in the backyard. It took two hours to move. It's enough. Seth moved it. Then he went to work. I don't know why I imagined a neat and tidy sandbox. It's a SANDBOX!! So now we will also have sandy carpet, kitchen, patio, trampoline, and kids. Eye washing, mouth rinsing, hose downs. They will love it and I...will smile and sweep/vacuum again. They are so excited. They raced around the yard, moved sand, then buried each other in it. Happiness has a price. Tonight, it is cleanliness. Happy, dirty kids.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like I need to come over and play!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Courageous moms like you get the most love not only when the kids are small, but also when they get big: bigger than you. Every messy afternoon will translate into deposits to your hug bank; and the return will keep on coming...

    ReplyDelete