Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Get hard surface reducer. Check.
Cut hard surface reducer. Check.
Glue down hard surface reducer. Check.
Keep everyone off glued hard surface reducer. Uh. check?
Clean kitchen. Check. Thanks April.
Bedtime story. Check.
Adjust crib mattress height. Check. Finally.
Change light bulbs outside. Check.
Weed a flower bed. Check. (It was my timeout.)
Tuck kids in bed. Mostly check.
Kids drift into a happy contented sleep. Nope.

Spring into summer makes bedtime hard. Three boys in one room is sometimes a challenge. It doesn't matter what is accomplished during the day if my children fall asleep in tears. It should be a safe and peaceful time. One inviting rest, not restlessness. I want to say I can't be the only one fighting it, but it doesn't matter if I am or not. We need a new, happy routine. A soothing, calming routine we can all be happy with.

1 comment: