I bought Sam an orange fat quarter (that's a piece of fabric) today. His favorite color. He fell asleep in the car on the way home. After he finally woke up two and a half hours later, I gave it to him. He carried it around the rest of the evening. When I tried to tuck him in, he refused his usual blanket and left the room looking for something...his orange blanket. We found it and I laid it over him. It is only 24 inches long, a bit small for him. No batting. After some convincing, I was able to lay the usual blanket on top of the orange fat quarter. Now, he is laying in bed singing the "whoa" section from Wavin' Flag. It is time to make him an orange blanket. Maybe with a flag on it.
We live on one side of the mountain and Seth works on the other. It's not really like that, but it feels like that. We live at the base of a mountain. He works at the base of a mountain. He drives around part of the mountain each day. So on this day, I plugged my cellphone into the wall and left for 20 minutes. Upon my return, I found a message from Seth waiting for me. It went like this: "Hey Kira. I was just calling to see if it was snowing over there. I assume it is. I was hoping maybe on this side its all snowy and on that side its sunny and 70 degrees." If only Seth. If only.
I love hearing your stories about the kids. This one of Sam and his "blanket" is precious. :) I love how musical all your kids are! I was showing Mom "The Girl in 14G" and telling her about the girls singing it. And sorry to Seth for having snow again when he wants 70s. When can I come visit? I promise to bring good weather!!!
ReplyDeleteORANGE! awsome! Sam is going to be all right. He is showing great wisdom with his color selection.
ReplyDeleteSo, this is why you like orange! I sent a few orange FQs to you.
ReplyDelete