Last night, Lily complained, a lot, about dinner. That girl dislikes so much. After much whining, she reports she didn't eat her sandwich for lunch. She only took a bite. The bread tasted like mold, so she only had an apple.
So you see the small crusted edge on the bottom. The tiny indent is her bite. The bread was one day old.
She proceeds to tell me she only likes homemade bread, not the store-bought stuff her lunch was made of. Seven-thirty rolled around and Lily is asking me to make bread for her Tuesday lunch. (Just to clarify, "Mom, I hate your cooking, please make me some bread." That's my interpretation. She is the most brutally honest person.) Of course, we made it. The homemade bread is perfect. We all love it, and Lily ate her lunch today.Last month, Adam started solids. He had a bout of illness, so didn't eat well for a few weeks. On Feb 12, Saturday, he has nearly mastered the bite. He still puffs it up his little nose or across my arm, but he likes food and today he ate pears, twice. That's an advancement from the once-a-day baby food. He also slept in his crib after crying, I mean protesting only 2 minutes. I often walk him sleep, but it's time he takes control, because he sleeps better when he does.
Sam is no-longer in diapers. I hit my limit last week. Dear Pixar, Seth sends his gratitude for your efforts in potty-training our 2 year old. He (Sam) loves his Toy Story 3 underwear and stickers. He has yet to prove his proficiency, but he is improving.
Sam looks like he knows what he is doing, and he sort of does.
Rebekah is making quick improvement on the flute. She is about one month into lessons.
John practicing Twinkle, twinkle little star.
What Sam does when John takes the guitar.
Awesome pictures!
ReplyDeleteThis post made me laugh and laugh. :) So sorry Lily doesn't like your cooking, but at least she likes your bread! :) Yay for Adam eating and going to sleep by himself! Yay for Sam potty training! Good luck. Hope it goes quickly. (Yay for Pixar's help.) Yay for the kids playing instruments! Looks like things are going well at y'all's place.
ReplyDeleteLove all the pics. Adam I think is looking like Lily or Seth or both. So, I made homemade mac and cheese last night. Should've gone with your fancy tuna instead. Doubled the recipe, we didn't even eat half of it, and the other half will more than likely end up in the trash. Sigh...all of that food wasted. Another failure in kitchen...at least I know I'm in good company! :)
ReplyDeleteKira, have you read the childrens book seven silly eaters? Its my favorite. I think you would really love the illustrations. And the story.
ReplyDelete