Monday, December 27, 2010

It's late. Too late. But my babies just got to bed. The 4 year old fell asleep on the way home. I tucked him in. The 2 year old picked up a book in the bathroom and carried it to his room. I thought he wanted to read it before I tucked him in. I was wrong. He kept saying the 4 yr old's name. It sounded like "on". "On what" was all I could think. Then he walked to his brother, placed the book next to his sleeping hand, and stood looking at his big brother for a full minute. Finally, he quietly walked to his bed.


On the drive home, the father of these two mused about the 2 year old's ability to comprehend the concept of thinking. And now, all I can do is wonder, what was he thinking as he looked at his sleeping brother.

1 comment:

  1. Good question. I've been trying to recreate my earliest memories and while I remember what everything looked like from my eyes (BIG!), I can't remember actually what I was thinking until my memories when I was a bit older than two... Now you've got me thinking about it. :)

    ReplyDelete