Monday, October 4, 2010
"Oh, he's perfect."
Is he? Perfection eludes me these days. Not my own perfection. That never was. It is the idea that there is or is not perfection. After a comment of mine, Seth reminded me that bodies are not perfect, even babies. I know, I have one. Oddly, this is so very difficult for me to digest. Here is a perfect baby, heart, lungs-good lungs, eyes, a nose, skin, 10 fingers and toes. What's not perfect about it? Congenital defections, baby acne, heat rash, stork bites. Each time I look at any of my babies, old or new, I struggle with the idea that they are not perfect. Even Lily's eye, Rebekah's straight hair (I think it's lovely, but my G-ma does not, but that is a reflection on my less than perfect parenting), John's sliver of scar by his right eye or inherited dimple, Sam muscle-man hopping run, and Adam's oriental looking eyes are perfect. Perfect to me, no matter what you see.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I think perfection is different for everyone. Sam's hopping run is just perfect for him as well as John's adorable dimple and the girls' individual traits. They are just perfect for what they need now and the things they will learn from having those characteristics. I might say that my personal struggle is not perfect but the things I need to learn from it and the obstacles it helps me overcome will someday make me perfect, even if it's not in mortality. It is my personal path to perfection.
ReplyDelete