John: "Drone ups lick plates." Huh?
John: "Undle M. (name changed) wicd his plate and I sed it was stiw dwty betuz it haz derms."*
Well, Undle M., you made an impression, since this story popped up over guacamole tonight and we haven't seen you in a great many moons. The wee ones wish greatly to have you come to play because you are so fun. I love meal time conversation. The rest of dinner involved explanations of how elements combine to form things, star temperatures, earth dynamics, cell structure, and laws of nature. I am not kidding. One thing just leads to another and they are a curious bunch.
*interpretation: "...licked his plate and I said it was still dirty because it has germs"
I know I say this a lot on your blog, but that is so cute! We miss your family.
ReplyDeleteYes yes yes. OHHHHH! You remind me of our dinner conversations when the kids were kids. Lucky (or was it?), Daddy was full of TMI. (I secretly believe he watches "How'd They Do That?" and "How It's Made" religiously, just to out-do his performance as daddy-expounder to Grandpa-expounder-extraordinaire.
ReplyDelete