Wednesday, February 24, 2010

unexpected

The boys are in bed. The girls, in the other room, bowling. I am surprised to find myself sitting alone, watching the Olympics, eating microwave popcorn to ward off discomfort. And I don't feel bad at all...well except that the microwave poppy is for Seth, but he's not here and it was a quick solution. There is plenty to do, and I rarely (never) find myself in this position. There is always work to do, or guilt to bother me. Tonight I don't care. Go USA. The popcorn is gone. I need some dried fruit.



*Did you see the Women's relay speed skate?!! Don't celebrate your gold until your sure you've got it.

2 comments:

  1. Yay Olympics! We've really been enjoying them, but the lack of sleep. Oh, dear. My favorite was watching Evan Lysacheck (however you spell his last name. I have no idea) win gold in the men's figure skating. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you!! You need a little relaxation.

    ReplyDelete