Friday, August 7, 2009

A mighty day in the life of Sam

I hereby proclaim "SAMUEL HAS TAKEN HIS FIRST STEPS." He took three consecutive steps yesterday, and several groupings of steps today. He even stood and shifted his weight a few times tonight. He did the shuffle toward John, until John kicked him. Then Sam hugged John who unwell and rather sad. They must be best friends.

Sam rearranged the kitchen tonight. He moved the oven mittens, baggies, lids, and Tupperware. He was half way around the inside of the lazy susan cupboard by the time I pulled him out. He opened and crawled into, only to flop out of, the drawer under the oven. He climbed the inside of the fridge foraging for apples, eventually finding the fruit drawer. Finally he settled for a chopped apple inside a plastic bag. The plastic didn't stop him, so I did. Not because of these events, but as a related side note: Sam is like his PeePaw. I see that brain clicking away and know its brilliant and organized.


1 comment:

  1. Do you need a treat? A "I'm thinking of you" card? Perhaps a flower? Tell Seth, "we now have four walking children. You owe me big time!"
    LOL, j/k.
    And yes, he sounds like a boy indeed.

    ReplyDelete