John didn't have a slew of words before he was 2 years old. At his 18 month check up the doctor asked if I wanted to see a hearing specialist. No. He isn't even 2. I understand the need to see specialists in many situations, but this was not one. I just knew it. The next day, John and I were outside when we heard a scrub jay call several times. While we were studying the ants, John answered the jay with a perfect echo. Multiple times. Though the jay couldn't understand, I could. John's hearing is perfect and he catches patterns. Tonight, his window was open and he came to me. "Mommy I hearw souns in my woom. I don't want to hearw sounds. Dere is an eropwane in my woom. I hearw it. I don't want to hearw cwickets." We shut the window to block the crickets. Then he turned off the cieling fan and came to me with a jump and a smile, "I don't hearw the eropwane anymo." There is nothing wrong with his hearing.
John opted to be strapped into his car seat for a nap today. He fell asleep within 2 minutes of entering the garage. Maybe we'll try that more often.
Car seat for a nap?! Awesome! It's also nice to know you don't have to worry about his hearing. I really worry about kids' hearing these days. (Okay, hearing loss rant.) You know. Turn down your music, take out your earphones, don't go to lots of rock concerts, blah, blah, blah. Some interesting things that people don't tend to think about though are things like long car drives can cause permanent hearing loss. (Now, I'm talking LOOOONNNGGG car drives. Like cross country type stuff. Or across a few states.) Okay. I'll quit. We've talked about this.
ReplyDeleteOh, but I love the shot of the moon you got. Wow!
ReplyDeleteYeah John! Nice moon pic!
ReplyDelete