Friday, May 29, 2009
UP. huh? U P . What? UP. Really?
We took our family to see Pixar's latest, UP. There were mixed reactions throughout the entire show. We bought tickets for 3-D, but the projector went down during the first showing of the day. So we jumped into a regular showing which had just started for free. I sat with Rebekah, Lily, John and Sam. Seth went on date with Grandma Mae higher up in the theater. Lily paused as I pushed her to exit the lit carpet walkway. She searched with her hands next to her eyes trying to find footing. She doesn't do well in the dark. I am sure she had a spark of adrenaline before she took her first step, but Rebekah's ready gait comforted her and she gingerly stepped away into the dark row of seats. Sam slept a good portion of the film. My arm fell asleep. John jumped up half way through and in his one volume voice announced he was ready to go home. NOW. I cried again. It's not that it is terribly sad, it is though, but there is a moment when we must make a decision and I cry when Carl makes a decision. Everytime. Grandma said it reminder her of New York. Of course she enjoyed it, she had the best looking date in the house. Seth probably heard every sigh, sniff, laugh, and figit as he watched a film he contributed to. What a great film. It is beautiful visually and emotionally compelling. We all face something akin to what the characters of the film do. Trust your Spirit of Adventure and Enjoy the show.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I loved it! And I am so glad that I am not the only one that cried!
ReplyDeleteIt was so wonderful! Everybody we went with laughed and cried. What a great movie! I wouldn't think it would necessarily appeal to preschool kids, though. Am I wrong? We whooped and yelled when we saw Seth's and Samuel's names. I can't wait to see it again!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you posted. We didn't get to talk long enough last night.It is a great show.Way to go out on a high note Seth!
ReplyDelete