Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Surprise!

I left my children tonight.  When I returned, I looked for the face of my baby.  When he saw me, I heard, across the room, a sigh and he wiggled until I came to him.  He is 6 months old now.  As I sat on the floor to pick him up, I was tackled by my two year old.  He was excited to see me and had the ability to show me.  I wasn't gone long. Sometimes the one I worry about the most may not be the only one who misses me most. Next time, I will look for both my boys at once and scoop up John on my way to Sam.

A good and experienced friend told me how she kept a clean house and woke her 7 children every morning without too much fuss.  Her house was picked up every night, by the kids.  Every morning, bright and early, her husband turned on the vaccuum. Voila!  Clean house, awake kids, and no yelling.  I think it's a great idea...when I don't have a baby or toddler.  Please, let them sleep... and me too.

No comments:

Post a Comment