Tuesday, March 24, 2009

One Moment

Forgive the expression on my face. I can't help it.  Your life is so simple. So quiet. Still very much your own.  My expression is the memory of what my life was like when I was where you are.  I was so unaware of what the future would be like. I took little thought of what I was engaging myself in. It was just another something in my life. And though it changed my life, I was still my own. I smile and laugh when I look at you as I reminisce and wonder if you have any idea how tremendous the task before you truly is.  Will you allow premonition to direct these all important choices? Will you comprehend what will be required of you as you take another step in the direction your eyes have turned?  I had no idea. Life was so simple. So free.  The freedom I know now is different. I do not do WHAT I want WHEN I want.  I do what I can and should, and hope what I want will find it's way before the night grows too cold.  I hope  you enjoy the moment you are in, because someday you will look to see someone just as you are now. And you will think of them, what I think of you, just as someone thinks of me.  Hopefully, I'll see them soon.

1 comment: