Thursday, January 8, 2009

Cereal?

As I was cooking dinner tonight...COOKING, John begged for a bowl of cereal. Finally I gave it to him. What would you do with a genuinely sad and hungary boy? I could only think "Cereal is for dinner when I don't want to cook. I AM COOKING!" He ate his green beans, but not the best part of dinner. Cereal was about all he needed.

Both my girls begged for cereal after I gave into John, but to no avail. Rebekah ate a ton at dinner, and then ate cereal. Lily grimaced for 20 minutes at the table, then she had a bowl of cereal. Sometimes I have to wonder why I even try.

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha! Seriously! I think its a dinner ritual. When you actually cook, the kids are all over you and at your feet so you are tripping all over them while you are trying to be a good parent and cook a meal. All the while they are begging for cereal, crackers, and just about any other snack food they can think of.
    I have the hardest time not yelling out, "everyone out of the kitchen and leave me alone!!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey if they ate something, it was a successful dinner!

    ReplyDelete