Friday, December 26, 2008

This one's for Dana (DAY NUH)





The title pronunciation is for clarification, since our mothers spell their names the same but pronounce them differently. This is for Seth's mom.

As a very newly married nineteen year old, I stood in the doorway and watched my mother-in-law cleanup a smelly, less than precious treasure on the bathroom floor. I had found it, but she was cleaning it up. I asked her how she could do that. "You just do what you have to." Those may not be her exact words, but that is the idea I remember. Looking back, I kick myself. I was nineteen! Clean it up! Today, I think of her and all mothers out there who just do what they have to do.

I took John to the bathroom in the middle of night. He didn't aim very well, unless he was aiming for me. This evening he took a bath and came running out naked, saying, "I poop in da dub." I repeated what I thought I heard and he said "Yup." So I did what I had to do to the tub, and the floor, and my son. He's in bed.

I was reading Poppy the flower fairy to the girls when Sam made some definite diaper filling sounds. After we finished the chapter, I lifted Sam off my lap to lay him down. His back was soaked, yellow/orange. Before a diaper was back on, he relieves himself with an 8 inch shot followed by a yellow/orange puddle on the carpet. Don't tell my landlady, I did what I had to do. While I gave Sam a bath, he pooped again! Tinkled, AGAIN! AND AGAIN!! Fine. Have a bath in the sink. Now both my boys are asleep. Finally.
I did what I had to do.

1 comment:

  1. LOL! I think I have to drain the bathtub a least once every time the kids take a bath. Nasty! =)

    ReplyDelete