Saturday, December 20, 2008

JOHN



This morning Rebekah reported that John was on the kitchen counter eating vitamins. After rushing to the kitchen, Seth found the JuicePlus bottle, open and in his hand, mouth chewing. We think he only got one. Later in the morning, John climbed atop the back of the toilet to reach the window in the bathroom. He obtained a bottle of shampoo which was stored there. Then he emptied the contents on the windowsill, down the wall, on the floor and plunger. Then he opened the toilet seat, covered it and the inside of the toilet bowl. Then he must have climbed back up and returned the empty bottle to it's rightful place, 'cause that's where I found it.

A friend of ours, named John, told us of his youth. When mom would come to tell them to go to sleep, they laughed at her. Then if they heard the thump of dad's steps coming down the hall, they clammed up. Tonight when I tried to get John in bed AGAIN, he laughed at me. A full hearty, delighted laugh. Even now, this minute, he is out of bed again. I am waiting for Seth's footsteps to near the front door. Maybe then John will go to bed.

2 comments:

  1. And yet you look so serene all the time!I wish I knew how you did it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, have you considered getting him a leash? j/k

    ReplyDelete