Tuesday, October 7, 2008
I don't want to Survive! I WANT TO LIVE!!
Today, I really out did myself. My day started at 3 am. I took care of Sam, picked John up off the floor, retucked Lily, and went back to Sam. Seth took care of breakfast and taking Rebekah to school. I did dishes, baked, cleaned, hauled 3 baskets of laundry down stairs and through the parking lot, read lots of stories, cleaned children up, swept the floor how many times?, went to the park, engaged in an economic discussion, got everyone home without any screaming, and in 35 minutes--3 baths, 3 pots, one baby, and the fanciest dinner I have made in a long time. This is living. It doesn't matter what my apartment looks like. My kids are clean, fed, and read to. My baby is cuddled, protected from running feet and flying objects (thanks John), clean, and fed. Life with 4 is more than 3, but I think I may be on my way past survival to living. Especially when they are all beautiful, adorable, funny, and the absolute joy of my life. I hope your as happy as me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A Crazy, yet happy day! I'm always glad when I can be a part of it!
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful post! Even without a new baby--I often feel I'm in survival mode. You set the bar high!! No tears when leaving the park--that is a feat it itself :) What a wonderful mom your four little ones have!!
ReplyDeleteI love this post. I find myself waffeling between suvival and living. A great day is one that has a glimpse of living. Here's to Living and Loving IT!
ReplyDelete